Monday, August 11, 2008

Week 9, Thing 20

I have played with YouTube in the past. Unfortunately, the problem with trying to use it with students in an educational setting is the site blocking issue. One way I found to work around this is to find the videos that I want to use at home, burn them to a CD, and then use the CD in my class. I was able to use the videos of Julie Andrews for School Library Month in this way. This is a video that I learned about at an AASL meeting. I think it is a great song/video that plays on the library stereotype.



OK, on an educational note, I have students produce PSAs as a final project for a unit on plagiarism/copyright. I found this video on TeacherTube which will I can use to help teach them about PSAs.



This would be a good video to use at the beginning of the year with our Ancient Civilization classes.

No comments: